Sunday, June 23, 2013

Family Fun

Since I leave for Australia in 8 DAYS, (insert cheering here) I've been hanging out with family and biding a farewell until Christmas. When my family gets together, dull moments are rare to have. Between the burping competitions, loud conversations,  noisy pool games, baby cry's, or laughs it's always eventful and this is some simple reasons why I love my family to pieces.

The family fun started out in Blue Ridge, Georgia. This is where my family was renting a house and by golly the view was marvelous...to say the least. We chit chatted, ate and then reminisced on old times out on the back porch.


ONWARD! The next day we were on our way to Montgomery, Alabama. It was a short two day trip but every moment was made the most of with the following activities:

Shopping:
C'mon $10, 3 wick candles from Bath & Body Works?! That's a steal.





It was too hard for us to walk past these ridiculously huge hats and not take pics in them....

Mini photoshoot for Mommy:







DIY Hair Dye:

So here's a cool cheap trick for dying your hair: KOOL-AID!!
I know, I would've never thought but it worked amazing with "ombre-ing" my little cousin's hair.

First: Boil the Kool-Aid.


Second:
When it's done boiling, take it off the stove and place your hair in it for 15 minutes.
(Luckily for my little cousin the color sank in fast because of how naturally light her hair is)



 Third: When the 15 minutes is up, blow dry the hair and style away! The color will surprisingly stay for up to 4 weeks...and this is WAY easier and better for your hair than real hair dye. Enjoy!




Oh man, she's such a little babe. Watch out fellas of the 7th grade.

I will miss my family and love them dearly. As you can see we are always up to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment