Thursday, July 11, 2013

Australia

Howdy Ho From Australia! I officially arrived on July 3rd. I've already had a blast in the short amount of time I've been here!! To start out my trip, I stayed with my very dear friend from back home until I got my house. In that time I've had so many fun adventures.Since I got here in the middle of Hillsong Conference, I jumped right in and sang in the choir plus got to be apart of an item. It was amazing to see how God shines through so many people! It was an outstanding start to my stay! 

First fun adventure: A trip to the Blue Mountains







{ All the pictures above were taken by: Pamela Bearden, Micah Bearden, & Kyle Grantham }


{ The 3 rocks on the left side are the "3 Sisters" }

So I have a house now and it's very cozy and homey, even though its a 25 minute walk from the school I look at it as I need the exercise and there's is no need for a gym membership. I met the girls who were living in my house and made some awesome new friends! Yay!


These girls took me to frozen yogurt which reminds me of home and my love for fro-yo plus I've gotten to go to a chocolate bar....OH MY YUM!

Adventure number two: A day in the city
So I was so very excited to see the city of Sydney because it's been a dream of mine for quite some time thanks to Oprah and Ellen. They have both done seasons in Sydney and I always told my mom I'd go...and by golly I WENT! It was absolutely stunning to see it in person, pictures can't justify the beauty. The weather was perfect and I went with some awesome "Georgian" friends from back home. Lunch time was unforgettable, we went to a place called pancakes on the rocks and this is THE place to eat pancakes. Heaven in pancake form. Any who, after a ballin day in the city a bunch of Americans got together and ate away our love for Mexican food (which isn't very common here) TACO NIGHT!








So this picture is a perfect angle to show off one of my many battle wounds from long boarding the other day...my new name around here is "Scratches"



I'm loving Australia and Hillsong so far and can't wait for what's ahead!! 

If you would like to send me some love mail or care packages (preferably with Chick-Fil-A sauce in it) I'd be ever so grateful! 
My new address is: 3/3 Calavry Grove Glenwood 2768 NSW Australia



No comments:

Post a Comment