Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Embarking On A New Adventure


This May, I will graduate from high school and that means the stress about college was a BIG load. When people say, “God works in mysterious ways”, I couldn’t agree more than with how my college situation played out. If you would’ve asked me in August where I was going to college and for what, I would’ve responded a little something like this- “I’m think I am going to go to Georgia Southern to major in early childhood education.” Now that I look back I felt like I was confused and settling. If you would’ve asked me in November what college I wanted to go to, I would’ve replied Kennesaw State University. After applying with high hopes to become a Kennesaw owl, it didn't work out. But now I see it was all God’s mysterious plan.
I knew in my heart that I wasn’t meant for Kennesaw but I had no other options to consider, except for the fact I always wanted to go to Hillsong International Leadership College in New South Wales, Australia….which is on the other side of the world. I was convinced this is where I wanted to go and talking to my parents was the next challenging step. My mom was so happy and all for the idea because she knew my love I had for Hillsong, that I developed a couple years back. Two years ago I went (last minute, if I might add) to a Hillsong United concert in Gwinnett, Georgia with my very good friend. This concert was the most amazing encounter I had ever had. I can remember the song “With Everything” and how even though the song ended the HUGE stadium was still singing, doesn’t sound like much but completely left me in awe and still does, two years later.
So in March, I applied to attend Hillsong International Leadership College and after the long drawn out process I got accepted! YAHOO!! I was so excited and still am SUPER pumped! I’m going to study pastoral leadership to one day become a children’s pastor. Kid’s are my passion and I love showing God’s love to sweet kiddos! At some point of my journey I plan to go on mission trips galore to show God’s love to the children who have no hope or live in unsafe conditions with such heart wrenching pasts and so forth. Across the world will be a BIG change but I know that I can do it and will learn SO much. Plus my bestie lives over there, which is reassuring and I CAN’T wait to be reunited with her! Updates on this new journey are to follow.
Aussie Bound!

No comments:

Post a Comment