Monday, October 7, 2013

Playing Catch-Up

So I’m calling this post the catch-up post. I haven’t blogged in almost a month because I've been so stinkin’ busy. This week is our school break which is refreshing to have. Lately I've done lots of super ballin’ stuff that’s totally worth blogging so here it goes:
City Hangs:
I adore having little day trips with some of my favorite people. City trips are always fun, especially when there is fireworks, food and coffee from Starbucks involved. This past month I've gone twice. This Monday night I went with two of my best friends here in Australia and we had such a fun girl’s night. Girl’s nights are therapeutic and needed always.  We went for a walk around the city, and then to Darling Harbor, we had dinner at the SCRUMPTIOUS Pancakes on the Rocks, which was followed by some Starbucks.  It’s crazy to think that I met these girls in Australia and we are all already so close, one is from Mexico and the other is from Baltimore, Maryland. Half way across the world, I met these two amazing girls which will be my friends for a lifetime.  (Along with many other people here)  I’d never guess I’d make so many true, sincere friends. Although my family is so far away, these people have become my family and make Australia my home away from home.

This was from the first city trip. Love this wonderful woman above.






WE ARE YOUNG & FREE: Young and Free is popping right now in Australia. Young and Free is the youth at Hillsong Church. It’s absolutely astounding to see this youth ministry and how they are on fire. You walk into a youth service, no matter what campus you’re at and you leave mind blown because God is doing something so amazing, beyond words in this generation. I volunteer with the youth but at an extension service, I love seeing the energy young adults have for Jesus. It’s empowering to know THIS IS our next generation…and it’s not like any other!! So honored to be a part of what God is doing through Hillsong’s youth ministry, and throughout Australia . Young and Free is the band that represents the new sound of our generation and they have now released their first CD. GET IT OR BE LAME because it is L-E-GIT.



  


Beach Vibes: Beach trips are without a doubt a good idea, me and some friends went to the most beautiful Palm Beach. This beach trip was spiced up a bit due to the beautiful cliff/mountain catching on fire and burning while we were catching some rays and swimming. It was an insane bush fire, which I’m told is so common around here. (Because it gets so hot and it crazy windy) Also my friend Maddie and I ate at the gorgeous Boat House. This restaurant was just cute, nautical, and had a jaw dropping view. Beach adventures have become my favs.




Hannah snapped this candid picture....I think it's funny

This burger was HUGE






These are my homies.


I came across these gorgeous poppy flowers at the boat house, flowers make me happy.


ENCOUNTER + THE BIG EXO REMIX: So after KidsFest, (which was a one day event all for kids to have a blast and worship Jesus) Encounter took place. Encounter is pretty self explanatory due to it’s name. It’s a youth event where our next generation can..Well…encounter God; Encounter God in such a way that they are forever changed. Being a part of this event was such an amazing experience. This rising generation is running in a great direction and they have no intentions on stopping, only to run faster. Worship is radical, whether it’s a fast song where the mosh pit is crazy or slow songs where God is working in young adults. Great things are happening with this generation…get ready world.



Hannah and I were taking a picture when we were on the front row, but decided to invite all the peeps behind us to photobomb.




Nope, this isn't a real tatt..although I want another one. This is an airbrush tattoo. The meaning behind this "freedom" tat is because a campaign called A21. A21 is stands for "Abolishing slavery in the 21st century"// to free all the woman in sex trafficking.  

My girl Aesya in youth. She's one cool cat.






A week of adventures are coming your ways bloggers // Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment